Your Place for Public Policy
The North Clackamas Chamber is guided by the following objectives:
Preserving the competitive free – enterprise system of business by creating a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of the local business community and a concern for its problems; creating an informed opinion regarding city, county, regional, state and national affairs; resolving controversies which are detrimental to business and the community; creating a greater appreciation of the value of competitive business.
Promoting business and community growth and development by promoting economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all classifications of business within the Chamber’s trade area; promoting programs of a civic, social and cultural nature, which are designed to improve the functional and aesthetic values for the community; discovering and correcting and any abuses which prevent or retard the promotion of business and/or community growth.
2015-2016 Business Platform:
- Advocating for safe, effective and efficient transportation systems in North Clackamas and the surrounding area.
- Advocating for increases in employment land and the infrastructure to support those lands and future business
- Advocating for partnerships and support protect and enhance-the educational system of the area and state inclusive of pre-school through higher
- Advocating for access to reasonable health insurance programs for
- Providing methods for the members and public to learn about, comment and question candidates for public office, initiatives, ballot measures, proposed regulations and/or legislation and community
- Advocating for public safety programs and projects that enhance livability and the communities’ abilities to ensure a strong local
- Advocating for development and expansion of the workforce.
- Providing awareness to the membership of the Chamber regarding leadership opportunities and citizen involvement in programs and projects that affect the business community of the north Clackamas